Representing Military and Government Personnel & Their Spouses in Family Law and Divorce Litigation
In-Court Support for those Serving in the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and Federal, State, and Local Government & Their Spouses
If you are active duty or retired military, federal government employee or retiree, or a spouse of either and you've reached an impasse in negotiating your family law or divorce issues, the Law Offices of Michael Kevin Murphy, PLLC is here to help. With more than three decades representing those who serve the people of the United States, Mr. Murphy and the staff at the Firm understand the stress and difficulty you are facing, and we will go out of our way to help you become comfortable with us and reach your goals. The Firm's employees are personable and accommodating, and our mediation practice is designed to achieve an amicable, creative and long-lasting solution for you and your family.
Meeting Your Needs in VA and Abroad in Family Law and Divorce Disputes
Even when aided by mediation, family law matters sometimes progress beyond the point where such issues can be solved at the negotiating table. Mr. Murphy has represented many active-duty military and former military personnel and their spouses and civilian clients in court. The Firm's family law practice includes litigating such things as:
- Contested Divorces, where you and your spouse cannot agree on the terms of the divorce, division of assets, allocation of debts, spousal support, child support, child custody and other issues.
- Equitable Distribution of Marital Property, the valuing and distribution of the family’s assets and debts while taking into account the financial situation of each spouse.
- Child Custody, including disputes over which parent will have both physical (where the child or children reside) and legal (decision-making) custody of the child or children.
- Child Support is generally set by law and judges have to follow a series of guidelines, however, it is important to ensure that you pay or receive the right amount of support.
- Parental Visitation, including disputes over parenting time and visitation issues.
- Spousal Support, which is the money paid to one former spouse by the other to make up for a disparity in income or the change in circumstances caused by the divorce.
- Attorney’s Fees in a divorce may be litigated if one party has been ordered to pay fees or may be awarded to a spouse due to the severe disparity in income and assets.
Bringing the Value of Experience Military and Government Employee Clients & Their Spouses in Divorce Litigation
With its main office located in Fairfax, Virginia, Michael Kevin Murphy is a Military Divorce Attorney who works with clients who live in Virginia and throughout the world. The Firm has the firsthand experience you need when dealing with litigation in your divorce or fighting over family law issues. We know the complicated nature of military and government life and approach your case in a way many other law firms often, either cannot do or will not do.
Contact us today online or call 571.385.0237 for qualified, assertive and caring legal counsel. Our main office is conveniently located next to the county courthouse in the town of Fairfax, Virginia.