Decades of Experience Representing Military and Government Professionals & Their Spouses in the Negotiation and Drafting of Legal Documents
Attorney for those Serving in the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and Federal, State, and Local Government & Their Spouses
If you are active duty or retired military, federal government employee or retiree, or a spouse of these and you're going through a difficult time in your personal life because of family law issues, the Law Offices of Michael Kevin Murphy, PLLC is here to help with preparing, negotiating and enforcing legal documents. With more than three decades representing those who serve the people of the United States, Mr. Murphy and the staffers at the Firm understand what it's like for someone to have to hire a lawyer; it's stressful, and we will go out of our way to help you become comfortable with us and reach your goals. The Firm's employees are personable and accommodating. On the phone or in person, we are devoted to your case and will do everything we can for you.
Negotiating and Drafting Legal Documents for Military and Government Personnel & Their Spouses
Major problems with important paperwork can and often do occur when legally binding documents are poorly worded or improperly drafted. Inexperienced representation during negotiations can also lead to the loss of benefits you deserve. Michael Kevin Murphy has the skill and finesse necessary to anticipate risks and protect your interests. The Firm's family law drafting and negotiation services include but are not limited to:
- Premarital Agreements, also called pre-nuptial agreements, which govern the rights of spouses in the event of a divorce
- Virginia Military Divorce Documents, including complaints, answers, and numerous other divorce documents
- Marital and Property Settlement Agreements, which are typically used in uncontested divorces to divide property, assets, and debts acquired during the marriage
- Parenting Plans and Parenting Agreements that are used to establish time-sharing and decision-making for your children
- Child Custody Agreements, which govern the physical — where they reside — and legal — how decisions are made — custody rights involving your children
- Child Support Agreements, setting forth the calculations and support paid by one spouse to the other spouse to provide for their children
- Orders to the U.S. Defense Finance and Accounting Service to divide military retired pay and/or award survivor benefits
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders to divide retirement benefits under ERISA (The Employee Retirement Income Security Act)
Mr. Murphy also drafts "orders suitable for processing" by the United States Office of Personal Management to divide CSRS (Civil Service Retirement System) and FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System) retirement benefits earned by government and military personnel.
Helping Military and Government Employee Clients & Their Spouses
With offices located in Fairfax, Virginia, Michael Kevin Murphy is a military divorce attorney who works with clients who live in Virginia and elsewhere throughout the world. The Firm has the firsthand experience you need when dealing with family law issues. We know the complicated nature of military life and approach your case in a way other law firms often cannot do or will not do.
Contact us today online or call 571.385.0237 for caring, qualified legal counsel. Our main office is conveniently located next to the county courthouse in the town of Fairfax, Virginia.