VA Military & Government Divorce Lawyer Michael Kevin Murphy
Michael Kevin Murphy is a former U.S. Army officer who served with distinction, having been awarded the Combat Infantryman's Badge, Parachutist Wings,Ranger Badge, Bronze Star Medal, eight Air Medals; and his military units received the Valorous Unit Award and Gallantry Cross. For over twenty-six years he has served the divorce and family law needs of our nation's military and other government professionals and their spouses with his unique military and family law background. From his main office is in Fairfax VA, Mr. Murphy is available to serve as an expert witness, associate with other attorneys throughout the United States, and is available to consult with other attorneys who would rely upon his experience in dealing with these special family law needs.
- George Mason University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Virginia Military Institute, Bachelor of Arts
Bar admissions and memberships:
- All Courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia (1982).
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia (1983).
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia (1983).
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit (1983).
- United States Court of Veterans Appeals (1999).
- United States Supreme Court (1986).
- Fairfax Bar Association, Fairfax, Virginia.
- Virginia State Bar (Member, Family Law Section).
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Military Law Section of the Virginia State Bar
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Achievement, George Mason University School of Law.
- George Mason University School of Law Moot Court Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Service.
Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating
According to the review Mr. Murphy meets very high criteria of general ethical standards in his 30 years of practice.
The overall Peer Rating in Family Law and General Practice is 4.7 out of 5.0:
- Legal knowledge: 4.7
- Analytical Capabilities/judgment: 4.8
- Communication ability: 4.5
- Legal Experience: 4.8
Posted by Private Practice Lawyers:
"Mr. Murphy is one of the finest lawyers in Northern Virginia" 5.0 out of 5.0
"Michael is a very good, professional attorney and a zealous advocate for his clients. He deserves your highest rating" 4.6 out of 5.0
"Mr. Murphy undoubtedly meets with qualifications for an excellent rating" 5.0 out of 5.0