VA Military Divorce Lawyer Michael Kevin Murphy
Mr. Murphy is a former U.S. Army officer who served with distinction in the Vietnam War having been awarded the Combat Infantryman's Badge, Parachutist Wings, Vietnam Ranger Badge, Bronze Star Medal, eight Air Medals; his military units received the Valorous Unit Award , and Vietnam Gallantry Cross. And for over twenty-six years has served the divorce and family law needs of our nation's military and other government professionals and their spouses with his unique background and experience. Although his main office is in Fairfax VA, Mr. Murphy often associates with attorneys throughout the United States and is available to consult with other attorneys lawyers who need his experience in dealing with the family law needs of military professionals and civilians.
Mr. Murphy formerly served as an adjunct professor for the George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Virginia during which he taught the techniques of negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
- George Mason University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1982.
- Virginia Military Institute, Bachelor of Arts, 1964.
Bar admissions and memberships:
- All Courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia (1982).
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia (1983).
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia (1983).
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit (1983).
- United States Court of Veterans Appeals (1999).
- United States Supreme Court (1986).
- Fairfax Bar Association, Fairfax, Virginia.
- Virginia State Bar (Member, Family Law Section).
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Military Law Section of the Virginia State Bar
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Achievement, George Mason University School of Law.
- George Mason University School of Law Moot Court Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Service.
Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating
According to the review Mr. Murphy meets a very high criteria of general ethical standards in his 30 years of practice.
The overall Peer Rating in Family Law and General Practice is 4.7 out of 5.0:
- Legal knowledge: 4.7
- Analytical Capabilities/judgment: 4.8
- Communication ability: 4.5
- Legal Experience: 4.8
Posted by Private Practice Lawyers:
"Mr. Murphy is one of the finest lawyers in Northern Virginia" 5.0 out of 5.0
"Michael is a very good, professional attorney and a zealous advocate for his clients. He deserves your highest rating" 4/6 put of 5.0
"Mr. Murphy undoubtedly meets with qualifications for an excellent rating" 5.0 out of 5.0